Recently I was watching VH1 Classic and the commercial for the next episode of Metal Evolution. The next episode is about whether grunge is considered a form of metal, I agree and disagree with this statement. For example, a band like Alice in Chains could be considered the “metal side” of grunge because the guitar riffs are usually very heavy and tuned down. However, AIC has also done some country songs like Queen of the Rodeo along with their heavy music. Then take the famous grunge poster child band Nirvana, which I would consider more punk then metal. Their music is usually more faster paced than bands like AIC and the lyrics while still dark, were not as dark as other bands. Now this is only based upon opinion, but I believe that a lot of music can’t be categorized. Nirvana could be called indie rock because they sounded like no one, it could be called hard rock, etc. its just almost impossible to categorize one band to one genre.
No comments:
Post a Comment