Thursday, November 10, 2011

Let's Go Against The Grain

Now here is time for a change, a diamond in the rough so to speak. I like a lot of rock, but I’m not musically ignorant either. As a matter of fact I only do not count one genre of “music” music, modern rap.  So now for the real topic of the article, I love Taylor Swift; some may even call it a dirty pleasure of mine. I recently went to her concert in Foxboro, Massachusetts and I have to say that it was absolutely amazing. It wasn’t just the music that made the show outstanding, but her concert was like a full production stage show, and being in the stage crew at my high school, I thought that it was pretty cool.
Since I admitted that I love Tay Swift I guess it’s about time to talk about my favorite songs, without a doubt my favorites are Back to December and Fifteen. Some of the other songs like Love Story and You Belong with Me are still pretty good, but if you have read my other posts I go for the less popular songs. Back to December is a very calming song to me and the musical adhesion between her and her band is definitely shown here. The melodies and the chorus are some of the best out there in today’s music. Fifteen is that classic version of the many love songs that she has written but I think it’s more personal to teens because it targets their lives and even the title of the song gives that away.
Overall I am not at all ashamed to say I enjoy Taylor Swift, hell I even bought her tour shirt at the concert. For today’s music, she outshines most other country-pop artists due to her extensive and fanatic fan-base. Taylor has quite a career ahead of her and I look forward to hearing her new music.

No comments:

Post a Comment