When someone says the name Ozzy Osbourne, many songs will jump into peoples’ minds whether it is his career with Black Sabbath or his solo career. Personally I think of my favorite song that he recorded with Sabbath, Paranoid which I first heard after my dad bought me the album We Sold Our Soul For Rock N’ Roll, which also contained classics like War Pigs and Iron Man that are early metal classics.
The way this album is arranged, each song supplements the other; there would be a very heavy song then a moderate, then a “soft” one. Like I said earlier, Paranoid is my favorite song from Ozzy, with or without Sabbath. Just the opening guitar riff gives me the goose bumps, and even more so when the bass jumps in. and he lyrics are genius, who could make a song this good about someone being absolutely insane? Iron Man is the bands most popular song, but if you read my other posts, I usually don’t like to go for the band’s most popular song if I know the band well.
Although Ozzy’s solo career will never be Sabbath, his new music is pretty good too, combining old and new metal with his scratchy voice and pinch harmonics from a guitar, but that will be saved for a review soon. I think this is an artist that every metal fan should have on their iPod because Ozzy is a founder of metal along with some other bands. This album is very highly recommended by me and I hide no shame in saying that I will listen to this band until the day I turn deaf from too loud music.
No comments:
Post a Comment