Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Queen's Greatest Hits

Queen has to be one of my favorite bands of all time because of their musical genius. Many people do not realize that Queen made a lot more songs than We Will Rock You. Songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and Killer Queen to name a few are some of their best hits. My favorite song of all time being Bohemian Rhapsody because of its transition from the blues to hard rock in the end making it one of the more interesting songs I heard as a young kid. The world lost one of its greatest vocalists/pianists on November 24, 1991 when Freddie Mercury died of the AIDS virus.
I picked up their Greatest Hits album when I was about 10 because my dad recommended it for me. I have to say that I was amazed at the musical talent of a band called Queen, being a bunch of dudes.  My favorite song on this album has to be Crazy Little Thing Called Love because of its bass lines and guitar work along with Mercury’s lyrics. Some other good ones are Now I’M Here, Somebody to Love, Fat Bottomed Girls, and Bicycle Race. In my humble opinion, I do not think that there is a bad Queen song, I could listen to them, for days upon days because it doesn’t ever grow old. To prove this Queen toured with Bad Company’s lead singer and pianist Paul Rogers for a while to try and keep the music alive.
                I could never give up my Queen CD’s because it is a treasure for every rock listener. I plan on passing this CD onto my kids so that they can have the enjoyment that I had when I was their age. This was a true band and it was such a shame that Freddie had to die so young. However his music still lives on to this day and I hope it continues to into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment