Yesterday I was watching VH1 and rocdocs was on, it was the metal special. As I was watching I saw the appearance of Dee Snider infront of congress addressing his concerns about music censorship. When he first walked in congress was stunned because he was wearing a muscle shirt and a cut off denim vest and extremely tight jeans, of course with his hair bigger than his torso. However when he spoke, the board members started scrambling because Snider may not look educated... But he is a father, was raised a Christian in long island, and he has never touched alcohol, drugs, and even tobacco, Nevermind that he is smart as hell.
This got me thinking, isn't this an intrusion on our basic rights? I think so because people are allowed to write, draw, or act as they please, but music is different? I think not. Music is an art form like the rest but yet it is the most targeted for censorship. I don't think this makes sense but, I do agree with censorship if the song is to be played on the radio. Here is where the PMRC comes in since they wanted to censor all types of music for public or private enjoyment which is completely wrong. If I want to hear songs that swear in my own home, I should have the right to do that and if I do not, that is an invasion on the rights this great country was founded upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment