Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

In this post, I will talk about what I consider rock music and what I don't along with what music means to me. To start it off, any band like The Jonas Brothers, is not a rock band... It's garbage. Now I am entitled to my opinion and so aren't you and it is perfectly fine to disagree, I just do not like their music. Now I'm not a troll because they have been very successful and they are talented musicians, it's just not my stuff due to the fact that a lot of their songs are love songs, to me they do not come close to Tay Swift. rock music to me needs to have a message, case in point is the FFDP song " No One Gets Left Behind" talking about how the government can betray our soldiers sometimes. Another one is Green Day's "American Idiot" which preaches against the Bush administration.

Rock music to me is an escape into another world where things make sense, messages are clear, and I can personally relate to it. When I am mad, I listen to music, when I am happy, I listen to music and so on and so forth. There isn't a rock song which I can't relate my life to. That's why rock music is an important part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment