I subscribed to Rolling Stone magazine and I was reading last month’s issue and it featured the top 100 guitarists of all time. Featured among the list were Tom Morello, Kurt Cobain, The Edge, Slash, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, etc. but the number 1 spot was taken by Jimi Hendrix. Now I agree and disagree with this, I agree because the way he manipulated his guitar was a breakthrough in music but I think he passed away before he could showcase his talent. However some guitarists were left out like Zakk Wylde and Jerry Cantrell and some of them didn’t belong like Kurt Cobain. Other names on the list I haven’t even heard of before. Although I do not agree with this list I think it is credible because a panel of famous guitarists created it. If you want to see the full list check out http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123
No comments:
Post a Comment