I just got a new iPod and I started listening to some of the music that the previous owner had on it, and I stumbled upon the live Green Day album Bullet in a Bible and thought I might listen to it. This live album contains mostly songs from American Idiot but it also has a few of their old songs like Basket Case and Longview. Throughout the album the energy of the crowd could be heard through my ear buds. And because the crowd was full of energy, so wasn’t the band. The way Billie Joe starts out Holiday saying “This song isn’t anti-American, its anti-WAR!” showcases their energy.
The crowd went absolutely crazy once Basket Case started playing, and I agree with the crowd that this was the best song on the album. At one point then band let their audience sing 2 lines from the song. Another song that the crowd sang along with Billie Joe was Boulevard of Broken Dreams which is another one of my favorite songs. Also on my new iPod I found a video from the performance for St. Jimmy and you could blatantly see the band and the crowd’s energy.
If you liked American Idiot this live album is for you. Listening to this album and watching that video, I want to have the ability to see them live to try and experience this myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment