Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tunes on the Trail

Last weekend my troop climbed Mt. Monadnock and I brought along my Ipod, but it decided to break for good along with my brand new pair of studio headphones. So I almost threw them inside my tent when my friend told me to put the headphone speakers in the outside water bottle pockets of my day pack since I had a camelbak anyways and my friend would use his Ipod. At the base of the mountain my buddy and I decided it was a good time to turn on the tunes and we started up the mountain.

Since this wasn't my Ipod I did not know what songs would be blasting through the speakers along the trail. Since we both like harder rock we decided to put the playlist "HardRock" on and it was much more than hard rock with a lot of metal and grunge thrown in. I quickly learned of a few new bands that I have never heard of which I liked, Shinedown and Cage the Elephant. I immediately fell in love with these bands and got the songs that I liked, expect an album review pretty soon. When we got to the top people were standing around my pack listening to music, and it's true that music brings people together.

Overall breaking my headphones was actually a good thing since now I have trail speakers and a way to learn new music via friends and people I meet on the trail. Soon I will be climbing Mt. Greylock with the same friend and I will enjoy my music and the music of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment